Wednesday 2 October 2013

Dan is FOUR!

Dan was 4 years old yesterday and it was a very pirate-themed birthday.  He had his first birthday party in the church hall, with 11 guests and had a lovely time.  As a total side-note, we had 12 children from 6 different families and of those children, 4 of them, from 3 of the families, were red heads.  I thought that was pretty cool.

Today marks 4 years since I first held Dan, so my apologies for the sentimentality, but here we are having our first cuddle.

 
I thank God every day for sparing him and Colchester SCBU for helping.  There is a little bit of me forever frozen in time, still in the hospital praying and hoping that he will be okay. 

And he is okay.  Noisy and boisterous and okay.  One day I'll maybe get round to blogging about our diversion down the path of early assessment and intervention, but while we're still in the thick of it, it seems a bit raw.  So here's the birthday boy, Capt'm Dan.








No comments:

Post a Comment