Wednesday 19 May 2010

The postman came

He didn't ring twice. In fact, he didn't ring at all, he just left my parcels on the front door step. Ho hum.

So, what did he bring? Well, he brought three parcels all containing things from the same company, Frugi. Frugi is a childrens' clothing company which makes lovely clothes in organic cotton. The factories they use to make the clothes are run on an ethical basis, with adults only working there. Their baby clothes are cut specially to fit over cloth nappies, which is how I first came across them in the quest to find something to fit over Jack's big cloth bum.

Anyway, this season, after applying at least once before, I am a Frugi Crusader, which basically means helping to promote them in return for a great discount and some freebies - what's not to like? Two days ago it was cold and rainy here, so I ordered these trousers and this top for Dan. Of course, today, it's lovely and sunny, but never mind, he'll still fit into them in the autumn.

The second packet was a second-hand pair of Frugi shorts, again for Dan. Last year, when Tiff was out of work, I got into buying second hand. I got quite a bit of Frugi gear second-hand. Having owned so much of it, I know it lasts well, so buying it second hand doesn't seem like too much of a risk. Natural Mamas, one of my favourite parenting forums, has a great second hand section and the shorts came from there.

Finally, the last packet was some fliers from Frugi. As a Crusader, I get an individual code to share with people. If you use DUCK at the checkout, you'll get 10% off, plus free P&P and returns in the UK.

I'm going to hang the nappy wash out on the line now and hope like anything that it doesn't rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment