Tuesday 7 May 2013

April Showers

Dan was 3.5 on April 1st and so off we went for his booster jabs.  As it fell during the Easter holidays, we went mob handed, but despite the best amuse-and-distract efforts of his brothers, he really cried.  Still, as the nurse said to me, that's it now, no more injections until secondary school unless something changes, and they're unlikely to want to sit in my lap for those!

Tiff took the boys away to stay with his Mum and Dad for a few days. The only thing I don't like about working is having to juggle the school holidays.  They had a lovely time and it was nice to have the chance to miss them, if that doesn't sound too awful.

At the end of the month, I got an early birthday present.  I have been wanting a new bike for ages. My current mountain bike is not very comfortable to ride with a child seat on the back and, being unisex, has a high cross bar which makes it hard to get on and off, especially in a work skirt.  What I really wanted was a bike with a step over cross bar and a basket for all my bits (Dan gets grumpy at having a rucksack in his face and who could blame him?).  We'd been talking about it for a while, but were spurred into action when we heard that a small road between home and work was to be closed for three weeks from the beginning of May, making it pretty impossible to drive.

 
 
 Preciousssssssss. :)
 
Of course, it doesn't look quite so elegant with a great big plastic toddler seat on the back, but you can't have everything.
 
The other terribly exciting news of the month, which you will be pleased to hear, I shall not illustrate with a photo, is that Dan has started using the potty, mostly reliably.  Let joy be unconfined. 



No comments:

Post a Comment