Tuesday 7 May 2013

Marching On

March was taken up with a short, sweet half term leading up to Easter.  My work was very busy, preparing not only for Easter, but re-writing our Electoral Roll and preparing for our Annual Meeting.  I helped with the last bits of these when I first started there last year, so it feels like full circle to be doing them again.

AND, I won something.  One of my favourite blogs is Parenting, Illustrated with Crappy Pictures.  If you haven't read it, you should check it out, because it is so funny and if you're a parent, the "oh YES" moments are great.  The writer, Amber Dusick, has written a book and did a give-away of some signed mini taster copies.  I won one.  Squeeee!!  It's very funny and I can't wait for the full length book.

 
 
We marked Good Friday by going to a family fun morning at church.  It was crazy-busy with lots of children from both the church family and the wider community and we had huge fun.

Easter Saturday, Dan wasn't very well, so on the Sunday, I peeled myself out of bed early-early to go to the Sunrise Service in the Country Park, followed by breakfast in the church hall.  Tiff was playing in the band for the main service, so it fell to me to stay home with the boys.  It was a beautiful service and I was very glad I made the effort to get up.  The clocks changed the night before, so it was a BIG effort.


It was also very cold.  You could see a circle melted in the frost as we left, where our feet had been shuffling about, trying to keep warm!



No comments:

Post a Comment